Friday, February 7, 2014

Five for Friday

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five For Friday.
What a week! I'm sure I added more things to my To Do List than what I crossed off. 


Speaking of lists, I can't live without this app. It has helped me to ditch all the sticky notes and random pieces of paper that served as my reminders. It is called Any.Do and it is free! I always have my phone with me so this app makes it easy to remember what I need to do anywhere.

We had a field trip on Tuesday and some of my little darlings were more excited about the bus ride than the actual play we went to see. They were having a blast singing "Down by the Bay" and even raised their hands (roller coaster style) in the air as we bounced over the speed bumps. 


 We've been working on telling time in math and today we raced to finish our timeline of a school day. I gave each student a different activity that we do during the day. They illustrated them, wrote the time in numbers and words and then showed the time on a clock. It was a great activity (from It's About Time by Amy Lemons) and looks awesome in the hall but it felt like pulling teeth to get them finished.

My sister went out of town today so I am dog sitting her two precious Yorkies, Lola and Brinkley. My dog, Scruffy, loves them and is probably worn out from all the playing, chasing and barking (he is starting to get a little old). The other two won't sit still but I did manage to snap a pic of Brinkley.
Finally, I am getting excited/nervous about a NM blogger meet up tomorrow. I am still new to the blogging world and I'm looking forward to getting some advice and ideas. I've been working on a Valentine craft to share with the ladies and all I have to say is that I got out glitter!!!

Have a great weekend and be on the lookout for a post on how our meet up went.


1 comment:

  1. It was so nice to meet up with you today, and I can't wait to meet again to learn about QR codes. We didn't get to talk about our pups. Brinkley is adorable! I have two goldens and a yorkie. My parents just got a new yorkie pup (7 weeks) and I'm puppy sitting this weekend! We'll have to get together for some play dates, too!

    ReplyDelete