Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sunday Scoop

Hey everyone! I'm linking up with The Teaching Trio for their super easy linky party, The Sunday Scoop.

All you do is write 3 things (only 3?!?) that you HAVE to do, 2 things you HOPE to do, and 1 thing you're HAPPY to do.
Have to:
My students love math stations, but I'm always struggling to make them content appropriate and relatively easy to prep. Sometimes they're way too easy, while other times they're way too hard. I'm always on the lookout for good centers and usually end up making them myself.
I'm blessed to be sharing an awesome student teacher with my team teaching partner this year. She is so motivated and excited to be student teaching and will teach for me when I need a sub. It makes it so much easier to make sub plans! I'm totally spoiled, I know.
The other thing I'm dreading is deciding when to have my assistant principal observe me. We have a new math program, so I'm not 100% comfortable with it yet. I'm sure I'll do fine but several of the kiddos are struggling with this new program so it makes me a little nervous.

Hope to:
I hope to get so much accomplished for my TpT store each week and usually fall way short of my goals. Maybe this week will be different? I have a fun October freebie that is just about ready to upload to TpT so hop on over to my store and follow me so you'll be the first to grab it up!

Happy to:
I'm so excited that I get to help both my daughters get ready for Homecoming! For my oldest, it will be her last Homecoming, while it will be my youngest daughter's first! I'm sure after all the makeup and hairspray settle and they're off to the dance, I'll be a horrible mess. Maybe I'll make the hubs take me out to a movie if I'm not too exhausted!

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the math stations. I've had to design them myself recently, but it hasn't been going too bad. A great resource I found however is Jessica Shumway's book Number Sense Routines. It's given me a lot of inspiration.
    ~Heather
    The Meek Moose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't it be nice to have more time to create things!? I need to get some stuff done for my TPT store too! Just wish there was more time in the day! Good luck with your observation- I'm waiting on mine too!
    Chandra
    Teaching with Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homecoming sounds fun! I'll be in that boat for the first time next year, and a little intimidated by it... Good luck with your observation:) BTW - love your blog's background!

    Mary
    4th Works

    ReplyDelete