Friday, October 3, 2014

Five for Friday and a Freebie

Whew! This week flew by and it's already Friday! I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday.

 First off, I have to give a BIG shout out to Best Buy! I went in this weekend to buy cases for my new iPad minis. I had a school check and a budget of $500. I had done some pre-shopping for cases and was thinking I could get 10 really good cases for that amount. I grabbed a manager to help me locate enough cases and ever-so-casually mentioned that I'm a teacher and have grant money to spend. She gave me a super huge discount and personally tracked down enough cases for all 14 of my iPads!
I decided on these Survivor cases because they can withstand just about anything!


 My daughters had Homecoming festivities this week with a 50's theme. They dressed up as 50's icons Rosie the Riveter and Audrey Hepburn. It was so fun helping them put their outfits together!


 The first activity we did with the iPads was to solve addition problems using the Blackboard app. They were so excited to have the iPads in their hands that they didn't mind doing math! I picked out a few good examples to display on the interactive white board via AppleTV. They were pretty excited about it!

I guess I'm in the October mood because I just couldn't stop creating spooky themed math centers. If I keep this up, I'll have enough to make a bundle. I haven't edited them yet, but I promise they'll be up soon, hopefully this weekend!. Follow my TpT store to be the first to grab them when I upload them. If you want to be my editor, leave your email in a comment. Here's what I have so far:

and...

and...


Finally, here is my October freebie, Spooky Subtraction! It has 12 subtraction task cards (no regrouping) with QR codes and a recording sheet.



I can't wait to use all these super cute centers with my students this month. If you download my freebie, please leave feedback. It really means so much to me!


1 comment:

  1. I'm loving all your QR Codes activities. SPED just donated an iPad to our class so I've been looking for some good apps and activities.

    ReplyDelete