Sunday, November 15, 2015

Global Glitter Tribe Linky

Hey everyone! Have you heard about the Global Glitter Tribe Blog?

We have a linky each month that you can join up. All you need to do is grab their graphic, add your ideas and link up with us. This month, we have some great topics that make you go hmmmm. Scroll all the way down to get your blank template. Here's mine:
Grateful: My list is huge! In fact, I journal everyday and one of the things I write about is what I'm grateful for. Sometimes it is just a simple thing like a great cup of coffee or a good night's sleep. It just starts the day off right for me. Of course my family is #1 on my list, but I am always so astounded at how lucky I am to have had all the opportunities that I have had in my life including my education, job, and leadership opportunities. Read about what I'm thankful for here.

Local: This is the time of year that kiddos get a bad case of the "gimmes". They are bombarded by media telling them to get the newest toys, electronics, games and fashions. I think it's really important to teach my students that not everyone is as lucky as they are. Our school started using each school event (math night, movie night, dances, etc.) as chance to do a nonperishable food collection. We support a local mobile food bank and I'd really love to see some of my students help or do work with the food bank beyond the donations.

Organization: I really like to be organized. I'm a planner. I hate the feeling of not knowing what I need to do. I have days of the week drawers so everything is ready to go and all I have to do is grab and teach. One thing that I can't live without is a list! Recently I had an epiphany about my lists that led me to my latest approach. One week was particularly busy and I felt so overwhelmed with all the tasks that kept piling up so I took a few minutes to prioritize my list. That left it looking messy and disorganized so I started to rewrite it. Then it hit me! Instead of trying to guess what I'd be able to get done on certain days and then inevitably have to rewrite it when things didn't get done, I wrote each item on a mini sticky note and placed them on my desk organizer in order of priority. Now I can rearrange them easily when something else comes up. It has seriously changed my world! Now it looks much neater and I don't waste time rewriting my items.

Broad Perspectives: My 2nd graders are finally starting to learn some real world math skills such as telling time and counting money. I never miss an opportunity to tell them why what we're learning is important. It helps them see the big picture. The other day we were talking about why it is important to know how to tell time and how it could impact them in the workforce if they can't tell time. Now they never fail to remind me when we're late for recess!

Artists: My coworkers introduced my to these awesome directed drawing tutorials on YouTube for kids. Just search Art Hub for Kids and you'll find tons of really great videos that teach real kids how to draw their favorite characters. They are awesome for those times when you have a sub or a little extra time at the end of the day. The videos are geared towards students but I love them too!



Let's Chat: This section is about what you'd like to hear about in the Global Edventures Blab Show. Me? Prep time! How much do you get? How do you fit it all in? Do you stay late or go early?

Now it's your turn! Want to link up? Here's how:
TO PARTICIPATE:
Save the image below
Save the Global Glitter Tribe logo
Edit the photo using a photo editing app or PPT
Post the graphic with your awesome responses to your blog 
Link back to our blog with with the logo

1 comment: